Wednesday, March 5, 2008

In the beginning...

In the beginning was the word...

Well you can say that again! My older sister likes to tell me that I was just the most adorable child and she loved finally having a baby sister...until I began to talk. Isn't she sweet? What I've learned about myself is that I often think out loud. It drives some people up the wall and captivates others. I just have one of those personalities. I've learned that since my brain never stops, talking things out helps get out what's in there. I've always wished I had some of it written down but for as much as I love to write, I've never been very good at keeping a journal. I've been encouraged on numerous occasions to start a blog so what the hell, here goes nothing.

I'm sure I'll find a way to talk about just about everything but I'll list the topics that are at the forefront of my thoughts and life right now.

  1. Weight Loss - This has been a battle for some time but I gave up a few years ago and in July was at my absolute heaviest ever. I'm used to ignoring my mom's nagging, but when my diabetic father came up to me on a visit home and quietly said, "I love you Carolyn and I don't want to see you get diabetes," something finally clicked. Instead of getting defensive as I am apt to do I went home and joined Weight Watchers. I'd done it before and it had worked to a point so I figured it was my best bet. I was finally settled in one place and had a good job so why not? So on July 2, 2007 I joined WW and today am somewhere about 40 lbs lighter. I still have more to lose, which I'm sure I will go into more detail on in the future, and I'm kind of in a rut right now, but I'm not giving up.
  2. Dating - I'm 30 and have never married and have no kids. There are a million reasons for this but I don't feel like going into them. I have ventured out into the wild world of online dating and I will attempt to share some of the results here. Classic Line #1, "Want to come back to my place and play Wii?" Yeah that's what he had in mind. "Hello! I've known you for 20 minutes!!!"
  3. Politics - In the past I've always considered myself an apolitical person and either that changing or I'm just interested because John McCain is the first candidate I've ever really believed in. I do see a lot that I like in Barack Obama but my man is John McCain. I like him for all the reasons right wing conservatives hate him. More later. But hurrah! He's finally the official Republican Nominee. Quite a turn around for a guy that was written off last November. I have to say it's a little anticlimactic.
  4. Words - I love words. I'm constantly teased about my vocabulary. Shouldn't I be the one teasing people that have to ask what it means to be a cynic? Is it weird that I was able to tell someone what Pragmatic meant off the top of my head? Not sure. See I'm not just a Word Nerd, I'm also a Book Nerd. I read a lot. High Brow, Low Brow, unibrow... Whatever. It relaxes me. There's a lot to me though cause I also love TV, Movies, theatre etc. I like to think I'm more well rounded than a dry intellectual.
So if you're still here and gotten through this dry introduction than perhaps you'll enjoy what's to come. This first post goes out to all my girls on the 30's and single board on the WW website. I love you chica's. Well all except one. Sorry gotta be real. Anyway, sit back relax, and have fun peering into the complex, idiosyncratic world that is my brain.

Mac is Back! McCain '08

6 comments:

DoriAnn said...

Yea! Welcome to blogland!

Jenny Brazil said...

Love the new blog :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work my pretty!

Anonymous said...

You rock the house!!!

Toni_Wilson said...

You are awesome! Good work!

Holly Jolly Christmas (HJC) said...

Go on with your bad self!

-Holly