Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Note on Hillary Post

Just a note on the "Hillary" post. A few comments pointed out that perhaps the moniker was of her own choosing. I don't think that negates the point that in general we often do refer to women differently than men. It makes me wonder if she thought of the possible indications such a reference would make. I can see the reason she might want to differentiate herself from her husband to whom the Clinton name is synonymous and yet as I said in my own comment it is an ironic point when you consider how much of her touted "experience" is tied to his career and accomplishments to which she owns her own. I think it's clear that some of the problems she has run into is the conflicting problem of trying to run on his career while trying to create herself as an individual with the ability to be president.

No comments: