Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ruminations

So I seriously have no clue if anyone that I don't know will read this. Would be cool if they did but they might think I'm crazy, so maybe not. Anyway, the following will probably be disjointed a bit but well that's my brain for you.

First is my difficulty saying no. I mean I'm no doormat but I'm a pretty nice person. I know how hard it was for me to get off last week when I needed to go to the hospital to see my dad, so when a girl at my part-time job asked me to work for her Saturday, I really wanted to say yes. The thing is I took Saturdays off for a reason. I need a full day off with no job. I have two. I'm a marketing assistant extraordinare by day and a waitress by night. I've worked everyday since Saturday even though I'm supposed to have Monday and Tuesday night off. So I'm getting pretty tired now that it's Thursday. The thought of working everyday until next Saturday, when with my luck someone else will ask me to work makes my knees shake. So I said no. And I feel bad. But I shouldn't. I need to take some time for me. Of course it's my fault I'm working every day this week since I spent too much money on beer. But hey, "All work and no play makes CJ a"....What does it make me? I can't remember...oh "a dull girl." Right? I think it makes me a tired girl. Or woman. That's a conversation for another day.

Ok I said ruminations. But I'm out of time. Lunch time over. More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to take the day off..you're gonna burn out, my friend!!