Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Embarrassing Crush

Ok, so I'm not one to have crushes on celebrities. Not real ones anyway. I mean give my Clive Owen on a silver platter and I won't feign that I'm full but I don't genuinely think I could have an actual relationship with him. I would drool as he spoke to me in his sultry voice that is like silk sheets and creamy milk chocolate all rolled into a perfect British accent. And don't start me on his come hither gaze or heated intensity. But really. What in the world would Clive and I talk about? His wife? His millions of dollars? Julia Roberts or Natalie Portman? No I don't think so.

That brings me to my embarrassing real crush on American Idol contestant David Cook. When Simon Cowell said his video about being a word nerd wouldn't do him any favors I was sitting there thinking, "What in the world are you talking about?! I just fell madly in love with the guy! Not only can he rock like nobody's business but he loves big words and uses them in everyday conversation?! And no charisma? He's obviously not an intelligent woman looking for someone who can hold a good conversation and sing them haunting love ballads!" But I digress.

I just have this feeling that if we had met in a bar or at a party before all this hoopla we would have had a million things to talk about. We wouldn't notice the time cause we'd be so engaged in our conversation. Now I can't guarantee there'd be romantic sparks, but i know that we'd take an instant liking to each other. But now that he's guaranteed to be a big star, any hope this not so ordinary ordinary girl has of meeting him is zilch. But oh how I wish we would.

Don't get me wrong. He was already one of my favorites before the Word Nerd confession. And his rock version of a Lionel Richie classic was absolutely brilliant. I also don't think he meant to insult Simon. He didn't say anything a million contestants haven't said before. Simon just chose this time to take umbrage.

So David if you somehow stumble upon this blog, know that I'm not a weird stalker, and I won't hunt you down. But if you ever want to have a stimulating conversation over IM you wouldn't be disappointed. Cuter girls may now have crushes on you, but I doubt they'd have the intellect to keep up with you.

CJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ-

I love that you are woman enough to have a fan girl crush on a reality show rocker.

Jules

Javabooknut said...

Yeah. Thanks. That's never happened before but I just couldn't help myself.